Preserving, restoring, and managing Colombian Biodiversity through responsible innovation.
Earlham Institute hosted the launch meeting of the RCUK-Grow programme “Preserving, Restoring, and Managing Colombian Biodiversity through Responsible Innovation” on 9-10 October in Bogota, Colombia. Over 60 delegates representing 24 organisations from the UK, Colombia, and Australia attended the workshop. Representatives from the Colombia BIO programme (Colciencias) and the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office were also present.
The workshop featured a series of talks by key collaborators in the programme, followed by group discussions to decide on pilot projects, training activities, and community engagement workshops that will be funded by the programme. Federica Di Palma opened the workshop with an overview of the RCUK award, an introduction to the primary investigators for the programme, and an overview of the capacity building activities (exchanges, training, and workshops) that the programme will fund.
- Andrés Cuervo – Instituto Alexander von Humboldt
- Ian Barnes – Natural History Museum
- Carolina Gonzalez Almario – Corpoica
- Jacobo Arango – CIAT
- Juan Camilo Cardenas – Universidad de los Andes
- Corrado Di Maria – University of East Anglia
- Bente Klitgaard – Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Mauricio Diazgranados – Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Highlight video from the workshop in Bogota.